RAMACHANDRAN A/L M.P.R. NAIR (NRIC NO. 410422-11-5097) of No. 192, Jalan OZ 2, Ozana Impian, Bukit Katil, 75450 Melaka, passed away on 11th January 2014. (172)
The Penang Bar has set up a condolence page on their website for Mr. Karpal Singh. Kindly click here if you wish to convey your condolences The Penang Bar has set up a condolence page on their website for Mr. Karpal Singh. Kindly click here if you wish to convey your condolences to his family and friends. to his family and friends. (12)
Malacca Bar Legal Directory is now available at Online Directory Page. Please download the directory for your reference.
we enclose herewith links to 4 Government of Malacca Gazettes for your reference :
Warta-warta Kerajaan Negeri Melaka:
Jilid 53 No.20 — 1 Oktober 2009
Jilid 49 No.10 — 19 Mei 2005
Jilid 45 No. 26 — 27 Disember 2001
Jilid 55 No. 24 — 24 November 2011
The links can also be found in Useful Links / Info.
- The quorum of 500 Members was achieved at approximately 9:57 am, and the Chairman, Christopher Leong (President, Malaysian Bar) called the meeting to order at 10:15 am.
- Eight motions had been proposed for consideration at the AGM.
- After discussion, four resolutions were adopted:
(1) Resolution on the amendments to the Prevention of Crime Act 1959;(2) Resolution on environment and climate change: Government to ensure effective enforcement of environmental laws and to uphold its pledges to the international community to reduce Malaysia’s carbon emissions by 40% by the year 2020;(3) Resolution regarding retired judges of the superior courts appearing as counsel in court; and(4) Resolution on domestic inquiry, misconduct, and respect of worker and trade union rights in Malaysia.
- A total of 1,219 Members registered their attendance at the AGM, which was adjourned at 3:31 pm.
- In the first Bar Council meeting held immediately after the AGM, the incumbent Office Bearers retained their positions for the 2014/2015 term:
Karen Cheah Yee Lynn (Malacca) was re-appointed as Treasurer.President: Christopher LeongVice-President: Steven ThiruSecretary: Richard Wee Thiam Seng
The remaining 32 members of the incoming Bar Council are:
(1)(1) Andrew Khoo Chin Hock(2) Brendan Navin Siva(3) George Varughese(4) Hendon Mohamed(5) Honey Tan Lay Ean(6) Kuthubul Zaman Bukhari(7) Low Beng Choo(8) Ravi Nekoo(9) Sulaiman Abdullah(10) Syahredzan Johan(11) Yasmeen Mohd Shariff(12) R Jayabalan (Johore)(13) S Gunasegaran (Johore)(14) Burhanudeen Abdul Wahid (Kedah)(15) Ramli Shariff (Kedah)(16) Norazham Yahaya (Kelantan)(17) Ahmad Fazlan Mustapha (Kelantan)(18) Dipendra Harshad Rai (Kuala Lumpur)(19) Ravinder Singh Dhalliwal (Kuala Lumpur)(20) Desmond Ho Chee Cheong (Malacca)(21) Puspanathan Sellam (Negeri Sembilan)(22) Ridzmann Chee Abdullah (Negeri Sembilan)(23) Abdullah Johari Hamzah (Pahang)(24) M Ramachelvam (Pahang)(25) Abdul Fareed Abdul Gafoor (Penang)(26) Gnasegaran Egamparam (Penang)(27) Kenny Lai Choe Ken (Perak)(28) Surindar Singh Chain Singh (Perak)(29) Amar Jit Singh Jarnail Singh (Perlis)(30) Ahmad Zaini Samsudin (Perlis)(31) Vishnu Kumar S Athi Kumar (Selangor)(32) Salim Bashir Bhaskaran (Selangor)(33) Rosnah Zakaria (Terengganu)(34) Salwa Mansor (Terengganu)
Results of the election at the Malacca Bar AGM 2014, held on 21 Feb 2014, follow below.
Ms. Karen Cheah Yee Lynn
Representative to Bar Council
Mr. Desmond Ho Chee Cheong
Michael Tan Ching Hooi
Jason Kay Kit Leon
Andrew Law Ching Hui
Leong Zhi Hong
Loong Meng Si
Benjamin Tay Hanyi
Loh Chon Mee